POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : highlight question : Re: highlight question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: highlight question
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 May 2002 18:28:21
Message: <3CDC497C.C72FD20C@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> > Of course, but you don't get it in a raytracer if you
> > just use a point light and no specular finish.
>
> I'm sure no one doubt that, but we were talking about real life here...

This is exactly what i was talking about, in real life highlights (which i
would define as the bright spot appearing on on illuminated shiny
surfaces) are caused by reflection on the surface.  Whether the reflection
is blurred or not (in other words how rough the surface is) only
influences the characteristics of the highlight.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______