POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : POV Ray How Tos : Re: POV Ray How Tos Server Time
18 May 2024 20:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Ray How Tos
From: Patrick Fromberg
Date: 6 May 2002 11:02:10
Message: <3CD6A9D9.1080101@b-more.de>
Harold Baize wrote:
> Maybe "POV-Ray: The final render" or "POV-Ray: How
> to Create Worlds" or "POV-Ray: Unlimited Computer

I dont like that one.

The reason, all documentation about
povray is how to achive this or that effect for
creating anything.

But one of the interesting appliances for povray
is - while there ist not much "howto" on
that - is to test a creation againt reality.

For example, create a piece of furniture, and then
see how it looks it positioned in the garden and
illuminated by the sun.

I would suggest

"1. Povray for artists" emphaisising on extreme realism.
"2. Povray for designers" emphasising on realisitc sumulation.
"3. Povray for programmers" emphasinsing performance issues.
"4. Povray for newbies" emphasising on many examples.

I would by Voumes 2 and 3. I think, we teckies are the vast
majority of the povray users even though the most famos
entries in the galleries dont come from us.