POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lights and tiles : Re: lights and tiles Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lights and tiles
From: Valdemir Carrara
Date: 3 May 2002 13:58:01
Message: <3CD2D00D.FC340D3@dem.inpe.br>
Hugo wrote:
> First off, let me say that my math education is simple. But seen from a
> logic point of view, intensity of light in real life also depends on
> distance.. And things in real life also has a certain "scale".. So how can
> it be "nonsense" if POV works in the same way?

Simple: if you make a scene with a "correct illumination" and if you
decide to rescale your scene (to double or to half the scale), you'll
have a different render result, unless you compensate for the new scale in
light intensity!
Things in real life has a certain scale indeed. But this affects only
it's shape and texture, and not the illumination.

> That's true, from what I know.. But instead of playing clever in this field,
> I'll give you a link to someone who played a lot with light in POV and knows
> how to get marvellous results:
>
> http://www.ignorancia.org/lightsys/

That's right! Great hint. Thank you.

> Regards,