POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I shift the image plane? : Re: How can I shift the image plane? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I shift the image plane?
From: Hermann Voßeler
Date: 28 Apr 2002 18:59:49
Message: <3CCC7CBC.1080504@webcon.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

>>This *DID* work always.
>
> No, the example you are quoting never worked.  When look_at was applied
> POV-Ray always made the up and right vectors perpendicular.  If you didn't
> want perpendicular up and right vectors, you could not use look_at.  The same
> is still true in POV-Ray 3.5.

Thanks, I overlooked the "look_at".
I never used look_at when generating stereo pairs.

But if we omit look_at, we can use non-perpendicular right and
direction vectors, is this correct?

If this were correct, the mentioned problem could be solved this way,
without the need of a matrix transform.
Of course it is inconvienient to set up the camera without look_at,
but one could write a macro for this.

Hermann