POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: 3.5 feature request - dynamic range compression : Re: 3.5 feature request - dynamic range compression Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 feature request - dynamic range compression
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 17 Apr 2002 09:54:17
Message: <3CBD7E92.CA89AB06@luxlab.com>
George Pantazopoulos wrote:

>     Does the adc_bailout (in either radiosity or global settings) have to be
> changed to a smaller value, in order to allow for true 48-bit resolution
> output?

I have had trouble with global adc and reflections of bright objects
even with normal images. These things were designed for the 0-1 range
but lowering the limit is the obvious choice.

I haven't tested adc_bailout with radiosity. It's yet another uncertain
element in the equation and I'm trying to avoid those.

Kari Kivisalo