POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.5 beta expiring ? : Re: 3.5 beta expiring ? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 beta expiring ?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Apr 2002 07:21:07
Message: <3CBC0923.9807ABDF@gmx.de>
Wald wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just wondering... I installed the 3.5 beta about a week ago, and today it
> tells me that it has expired. Isn't that rather a short period for a beta to
> run ?
> There are a lot of people that seem to be working with 3.5, I can't imagine
> that you're all using this expiring beta version...

We are.

You should also note that the main purpose of the beta is fixing bugs,
testing bug fixes and additions.  For this purpose frequent new versions
are very helpful.  If you want to use it for everyday routine work that's
purely optional.  You can also see it another way: Frequent new betas
means possible new bugs only persist for a short time and don't have to
bother you for long.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,