POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Proposal: common patch documentation form : Re: Proposal: common patch documentation form Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:34:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal: common patch documentation form
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Apr 2002 17:26:58
Message: <3CBB45A0.447858F8@gmx.de>
ingo wrote:

> The ideal would be if every patcher used docbook and has the tools
> needed for processing it. But simple HTML will do fine, maybe with an
> extra tag or two for indexing keywords.
>
> [...]
>
> HTML template (the povdoc could be the role model here), a guideline and
> some scripts or tools to process the files.

That would be more than i suggested, it would involve processing all the
files to create the final documents.  Having a separate 'source version'
of the texts would also mean that if i want to 'recompile' it i have to
get the source first. I'm not sure if a keyword index would be really
necessary.

> Speaking of tools, here is an interesting one. It takes a set of HTML
> files as input and returns one HTML file as output with an index based
> on the H-tags (tried it with the povdoc and works fine). You can also
> generate PDF and PS with it. Available for several platforms.
>
> http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/

The toc.html file it generates is about what i considered, it just does
not work well when the different files do not all use the same level
structure, but this should not be a problem when the guidelines are
obeyed.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,