POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Release Candidate? What the ...?! : Re: Release Candidate? What the ...?! Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Release Candidate? What the ...?!
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Apr 2002 14:49:10
Message: <3CBB20BD.FB970B54@gmx.de>
You're right, of course, as Thorsten was.

And though its perhaps to a certain degree my
fault, that "my" bug hasn't been looked at closer,
I would have thought that the community around here
would have helped as well. Thats what caused most
of my frustration, that dozens of people frequently
visit the beta-test groups, and comment, and do this
and that, but kept quiet while I was asking something
I find important, because it breaks an entire scene, not
only the object itself, or "some" shadows or whatever.
I'm not a natural bug-hunter, but from what
I've experienced in that group, some have the "knack"
to track the bug, even in larger scenes.

I just didn't get much help, thats what frustrated me,
not the POV-Team, which has a lot to do to not
only know the bug, but find the actual source in the
code and fix it - no easy task, I know from my own
programming experience.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde