POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscape of the week project : Re: Landscape of the week project Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape of the week project
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Apr 2002 11:59:48
Message: <3CB9A774.F753F995@gmx.de>
JRG wrote:

> Very nice indeed! And clever idea I must say.
> But I noticed the lack of water (lakes, sea and, why not?, rivers and waterfalls).
Is
> this something difficult to handle in a random way? Or is this planned for future
> versions of your landscape_maker_include_file (because you will eventually release
> such include file, WON'T YOU? :-)

:-)

I left out water at the beginning simply for the reason that it would slow
down the renders a lot.  At least a simple water plane would not be
difficult technically.

I decided not to publish the source, also because it's quite complicated
in total and writing documentation would be an awful lot of work, but
mainly because you won't be curious any more to see the next version...
;-)

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,