POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscape of the week project : Re: Landscape of the week project Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape of the week project
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Apr 2002 11:37:08
Message: <3CB9A225.5EDADF70@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> All the scenes look very nice, but I don't think there's much of the "large
> variety" part... Of course you might be talking about a large variety inside
> the boundaries of a specific type of landscapes...But when considering all
> the possible landscapes on the earth, the variation of the ones shown on
> your page isn't that big IMO.

Of course it's all within the basic type of a sunny, nearly vegetation
free terrain.  The few pictures do not yet show the full variety of
possibilities, but something like overcast sky (and appropriate lighting)
would be problematic (much higher quality radiosity would be required).
But there is still room for improvement of course, textures are fairly
simple right now and i also could add water, trees and other things.

> Very nice nonetheless!

Thanks.

Christoph

--