POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D trig hurt brain! (or, Another Stupid Math Question) : 3D trig hurt brain! (or, Another Stupid Math Question) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  3D trig hurt brain! (or, Another Stupid Math Question)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 8 Apr 2002 19:46:08
Message: <3CB22C28.D1CA5219@unforgettable.com>
If this were 2D it would be easy for me, but it isn't 2D and this is
making me use up my scratch paper to no purpose...

If you have a line (line segment? maybe) with a known length, starting
at a known set of coordinates, which is then rotated around those
coordinates by arbitrary amounts around the x and z axes, how do you
calculate the coordinates of the other end of the line?

-Xplo