POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.5 heightfield pattern question : 3.5 heightfield pattern question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 heightfield pattern question
From: Tom A
Date: 6 Apr 2002 09:50:41
Message: <3CAF0B42.FE560F99@my-deja.com>
Hi!  Recently downloaded POV 3.5 and am trying to learn some of the new
features.

One thing I hoped to do was combine a heightfield with a granite pattern
(for mountains) with some other math functions (something like a sin
function so the edges of the mountains reduce to the foothills.)  Yet it
appears that the pattern cannot be mixed with the math functions - is
this true?  Or am I overlooking something.

Also, once I have my hightfield, I have heard that there is a way to
find intersections, so that I can place objects correctly on the
mountain.  I saw the <mumble mumble>Intersection function which takes a
vector, a position, and a third parameter, but I am not seeing what that
third parameter is?  Or am I going about this wrong?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Tom A.

into that pit of cotton-top hell, and let them hippity-hop
all over my vulnerable flesh? - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Deja mail is gone.  Look for me at raugost at yahoo . com