POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Balls! : Re: Balls! Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Balls!
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 24 Mar 2002 07:16:24
Message: <3C9DC399.CAEE1445@gmx.de>
jimbobjim said:

> As an aside, it occurred to me that once it's up and running many spheres
> could be modelled to form a blob that would perhaps look like liquid flow.
> Although I don't know about the validity of this idea.

This idea has been done before, look at the various particle-systems
written by several users, like Rune, JRG and myself. While most (if not
all) use I/O systems, which calculates collisions sort of "on the fly",
I am using non-I/O, which ties my possibilities for collisions to a
box...
In binaries.animations you'd find many mpg with particle interactions,
on my homepage you'd find some examples of my system.

--
Tim Nikias