POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How much will PoVRay cost? : Re: How much will PoVRay cost? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:41:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much will PoVRay cost?
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 19 Mar 2002 03:38:19
Message: <3C96F908.571BA8BD@atosorigin.com>
Warp wrote:

> Rick [Kitty5] <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote:
> > As an authorised dealer, I can inform you the final price will $1000US
>
>   I suppose that you mean per month?

It's by month,by seat,by potential user and by 8 MHz/cpu.

If you have a 400 Mhz cpu, it's fifty times the basic price which is only for a 8 MHz.
(the happy customers with P4 at 2 GHz are very welcome!!!)
If you have two computer, it's double price, even if you installed it only on one.
A multi-cpu system is considered as distinct systems.
If you have more than one user profile per system, it's time the number of profiles,
even if they are not interested.
Last thing: Month are defined as 4 consecutive weeks, there is about 13 month a year.