POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Setting up a small render farm : Re: Setting up a small render farm Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Setting up a small render farm
From: John Haiducek
Date: 14 Mar 2002 14:59:27
Message: <3C91011F.2050707@umich.edu>
It seems I'm too late to help, but here's what I know about render farming:

If you are using UNIX or Linux you can use PVMPOV. The usual method,
however, is to have each computer do a separate part of the scene, using
the start row and end row options (+sr## +er##.) If you are using UNIX
or Linux you can write a script to automate this. In Windows or
Macintosh you'll need to have to start each computer manually on the
render, or write a program that coordinates all the computers to render
their respective portions of the render.

John Haiducek