POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Topographic map to height field? : Re: Topographic map to height field? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:39:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Topographic map to height field?
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 4 Mar 2002 16:23:07
Message: <3C83E6A5.8010309@comtrade.ee>
Timothy R. Cook wrote:

>>You mean that both links from:
>>http://www.cs.arizona.edu/topovista/sdts2dem/sdts2dem.exe
>>http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~jslayton/w32s115.zip
>>

> I don't need an SDTS to DEM file converter, I need a DEM to
> TGA file converter.
I wrote some time ago DEM->TGA converter. Look at thread in
povray.binaries.images:
If this link does not work, then search for thread:
Problem DEM2POV/DEM2TGA from 17.04.1998
There are attached 2 windows exe files in my messages, grab latter, as
first one has errors in it (it converts incorrectly, second one should
be OK). If you are lucky, then it might be what you need.