POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : ANNOUNCE: "VOP" - POV-Ray Previewer using OpenGL : Re: ANNOUNCE: "VOP" - POV-Ray Previewer using OpenGL Server Time
15 May 2024 23:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: "VOP" - POV-Ray Previewer using OpenGL
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Mar 2002 04:08:09
Message: <3C83396B.63BD45B2@gmx.de>
Wolfgang Thaller wrote:

> I've just released a new freeware utility program
> that might interest you:
> http://www.kfunigraz.ac.at/imawww/thaller/wolfgang/vop-intro.html
>
> VOP is a program that parses POV-Ray scene
> description files and renders them using OpenGL.
> [...]

You should have mentioned that the subset of Povray syntax supported is
extremely limited right now, only few basic shapes, no light sources.  On
the other hand loops and macros seem to be supported.  At least it looks
like a good start.

There are some things of course that will probably never be fully
available like all the patterns and functions like 'trace'.  Therefore i
think building a OpenGL render mode directly into Povray will probably be
a better approach.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,