POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Improving OBJ to POV translation : Improving OBJ to POV translation Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:56:15 EDT (-0400)
  Improving OBJ to POV translation
From: flyerx
Date: 22 Feb 2002 19:01:05
Message: <3C76DBB1.4050008@excite.com>
Hello,

I am looking into expanding my utility PoseRay into a more general
Wavefront OBJ to POV-Ray code converter. Right now it can handle many
types of OBJ files with success but I would like to make it more useful.

I was thinking of creating a few options to make it compatible with most
ASCII OBJ files by adding a few options such as

-better geometry scaling and translation
-flip x,y or z axis coordinates
-flip normals

I have the Wavefront OBJ spec but I know that every 3D program has its
own way of exporting OBJ files (if it can). Does anyone know of more
options that will make my utility convert more OBJ files created by 3D
programs?

thanks for your attention,

FlyerX
PoseRay home page.