POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shortest Code Contest status : Re: Shortest Code Contest status Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:59:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shortest Code Contest status
From: Tom A
Date: 22 Feb 2002 18:46:07
Message: <3C76D83F.72939E5C@my-deja.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> [apologies if this message shows up twice]
>
> The contest has 28 entries.  The themes range from abstract to muder mystery
> to landscape to nature to machine design to povray logo.  One person entered
> 5 quality and varied entries and I see no reason to limit this person to
> more: it's blind judging anyway!
>
> The rules and description are at:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.general/21670/?ttop=22437&toff=50
>
> The deadline is 02/28/02.

After this are you going to have a Shortest Animation contest?
I have a few ideas.  <pause>  Well since you asked:

Rather than animating a whole scene, a scene is created (a pool of water
on a green plane with cloudy sky, for instance) and you are to submit a
macro #macro fountain() that animates the fountain in the water.  Each
animation will generate 12 pictures (cyclic) and either be posted as
MPGs or animated Gifs.  (The problem with MPGs is the free CMPEG program
is limited to 320x240 iirc.  I think there are free programs for
creating animated gifs that take larger pictures.)  Then the animated
pictures can be judged, and you can apply a size function like you're
doing with the shortest code contest.

Other ideas for background - a road, an underwater scene, outer space

Just some semi random thoughts.

--
Tom A.
"No doubt many that post deserve to be flamed.  And many that are flamed