POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation process : Re: Tesselation process Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation process
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 22 Feb 2002 06:33:18
Message: <3C762C9F.8A00D8A2@atosorigin.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> A method for combining different meshes into one would be good of course.

As I'm overusing the foundation made by Warp in his tesselation patch,
the good news is that there is already such things:

 mesh { tesselate {.... } tesselate {...} triangle.... }

> No matter what syntax is chosen there should be a save_file/load_file
> possibility, maybe with different possible file formats (mesh, mesh2, pcm)

that's a mesh level problem, not particular to the tesselation patch.
You want file I/O for mesh, and there was already a macro/include file
to do that (based on Warp extension to access the mesh structure from SDL).

And soon, you will want a full dump of all Pov-scene...
--
Non Sine Numine
http://grimbert.cjb.net/