POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation process : Re: Tesselation process Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation process
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 20 Feb 2002 03:13:06
Message: <3C735AB2.1797C402@atosorigin.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <3C72EE49.979B5315@hotmail.com>,
>  Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > I am hoping for the possibility to tweak the individual copies of a
> > mesh before texturing them.
>
> I don't see how it would be a problem...just include a
> "preserve_textures" option for objects being added to meshes. If it is
> on, the triangles get the texture of the original object, if it is off
> you get an untextured mesh.

Ok, looks like we are going for the 'all option' versions...
It seems there is two opposite approachs, each with good arguments.
It might be better afterall, but it will be harder for me...

> > If one has direct access to the 3D coordinates of the vertexes and
> > the normal vectors, then the tessellated shapes could be transformed
> > in very weird ways.
>
> I once attempted a patch that would allow any warp to be applied to a
> mesh...my only problem was that I couldn't seem to move the mesh points.
> My attempts all resulted in "scrambled triangles".

I'm sorry, really sorry... I made such thing last weeks... :-< ... and it works fine.
Just currently, it is just forgetting to copy individual textures... and
smooth triangles do not survive as smooth...

--
Non Sine Numine
http://grimbert.cjb.net/