POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation process : Re: Tesselation process Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation process
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 19 Feb 2002 19:33:28
Message: <3C72EE49.979B5315@hotmail.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <3C7### [at] onlineno>,
>  Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] onlineno> wrote:
>
> > I think that it would be a great pity if
> > a POV-patch were to perform tessellation
> > of an object without providing the possi-
> > bility to texture different copies of it
> > differently.
>
> I wasn't talking about copies, but an alternate rendering method. A
> "tesselate" flag that would cause the object to be tesselated and
> rendered (and traced) as a mesh. Copies would be textured the same way
> any other object copies are textured.

I am hoping for the possibility to tweak
the individual copies of a mesh before
texturing them.

If one has direct access to the 3D coordinates
of the vertexes and the normal vectors, then
the tessellated shapes could be transformed
in very weird ways.

(POV's usual matrix<> related transformations
would only allow for linear transformations.)

Tor Olav