POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation process : Re: Tesselation process Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:57:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation process
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Feb 2002 09:15:48
Message: <3C710C91.54DEC86@gmx.de>

> > http://www.cs.queensu.ca/home/jstewart/papers/cga01.html
>
> From Page 2:
> The algorithm requires an evaluator for the implicit function defined at all points
in space,
> an evaluator for the function gradient defined at points near the surface,
> and a bounding box around the surface.
>
> [...]

I mainly cited this paper since it also mentions some other tesselation
methods producing curvature dependant resolution meshes.

An algorithm only suited for isosurfaces might be useful though since a
lot of basic shapes can be represented as isosurfaces without problems.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,