POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how do I make a closed spline? : Re: how do I make a closed spline? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:57:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how do I make a closed spline?
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 17 Feb 2002 10:02:18
Message: <3C6FC5D9.6F4E9BC8@aol.com>
Rune wrote:

> Using the cubic spline in the spline{} feature in POV-Ray 3.5, which rules
> should I follow in order to get a smoothly closed spline?

One thing I noticed in following this convoluted discussion is that the
"additional" points at the beginning and end of the cubic spline are supposed
to be (according to the docs) the third from the end for the first point and
the third from the beginning for the last. I have never had any trouble using
cubic splines (at least in prisms and lathes) using this method.