POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : anti-aliasing : Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 14 Feb 2002 02:26:56
Message: <3C6B66D2.5A61B8C6@atosorigin.com>
Ben Chambers wrote:

> "Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
> news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
>
> Easy.  Rotate and scale the eye, and then it becomes a normal sphere :)

But then your distribution to anti-alias should still be modified
according to the transformation, because what would be a regular grid
would not stay so on the other side of the transformation.
You moved the problem from the object to the camera.
The number of camera is half the number of objects, but I'm not sure
adding transformation to antialiasing in camera is simpler...

> > And then you have things like the
> > different camera types, camera normals, etc, which would make it
> > unuseable for any object...
>
> No, just some objects.  And besides, most (all?) objects have bounding
> shapes which can be used for the guesswork :)

Not all. Plane do not, and they are often used in CSG... which
came back to the eternal problem to compute the smallest bounding box
for any CSG.

And guessing is just another way to take samples...