POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Poser 3 on Computer Arts cover disk this month (feb) : Re: Poser 3 on Computer Arts cover disk this month (feb) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 3 on Computer Arts cover disk this month (feb)
From: Grey Knight
Date: 7 Feb 2002 15:26:12
Message: <3C62E2DB.ECF189E6@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
Rob Manley wrote:
> Strangely enough, it was through PC Format that I came to POV-Ray in the
> first place. They were distributing v2.0 on a coverdisk in 1993 (I think)
> and had one of Mike Miller's works (Grinning Jack on his rollercoaster) on
> the front cover. I was almost immediately hooked. It's a pity I never got
> any good .......

Yeah, I bet(!) I bet you're even more rubbish than HE Day, Gilles Tran,
Rune Johansen, Chris Colefax, John van Sickle and David Fontaine put
together!
BTW: Some obscure shareware magazine was where I first got POV 3.0
My computer has never recovered.

> Also interesting is that Future still have nice things to say about POV-Ray.
> Computer Arts website links to www.povray.org  for a download of v3.1.

Just trying to crawl back into POV-Team's good books...

> Here's a quote :
>
> "The amazing Persistance (sic) Of Vision Raytracer offers outstanding
> professional results..."
>
> (I didn't say they could spell correctly :-)

'Course not, they've only been making magazines for X number of
decades...

;-)

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight" contact{ email "gre### [at] yahoocom" }