POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spaces in command line : Re: Spaces in command line Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spaces in command line
From: Grey Knight
Date: 7 Feb 2002 14:58:38
Message: <3C62DC64.A6DA22F7@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> Can't do that as the entire command line is generated by VB code depending
> on where povray is installed and where the application is question is
> installed.
> As far as I can tell VB can't give me the shortened path.

Try parsing the string, stripping out spaces (and dots; I think short
folder names ignore dots), then
#if(strlen(Path)>8)
  #declare Path=concat(substr(Path,0,6),"~1")
#end
Well, more or less. Needs to be done for each folder name, AND you need
to change the number depending on the creation date of the folder and
all similar folders. Heesh.

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight" contact{ email "gre### [at] yahoocom" }