POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) : Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
7 May 2024 06:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Jan 2002 03:41:58
Message: <3C590352.C4304D4B@gmx.de>
Mitchell Waite wrote:

> I am the second poster and in an attempt to show that this list will have
> value, I actually have something to say <wink>.
>
> We are starting a new POV Ray book and it is shaping up to be the end all,
> be all, best ever book on POV Ray. It will be in (ta da) full color, and (I
> hope) fully reviewed and sanctioned by the POV Ray team. The book will be
> between 700 and 1000 pages long, and will not compete with but rather will
> enchance the documentation. A PDF version of it will be available as well.

700-1000 pages, that sounds like quite a lot...

Does this mean the POV-Team's own book project is laying on ice for now?

> If you are interested in earning some royalty off all the fun you have had
> with this program, please email me at mit### [at] dnaicom. I will sign you up
> to our discussion list, send our outline and help you determine what areas
> you would like to contribute to.

I already mailed you and did not get an answer.  Should i be worried?

BTW, i think it wouln't be wrong to post that outline here in public.

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>