POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "question" about textures... : "question" about textures... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:35:13 EDT (-0400)
  "question" about textures...
From: gemelli david
Date: 29 Jan 2002 03:42:06
Message: <3C56617F.5020707@xlstudio.com>
Not really a question but...
I did an object with a texture that uses a loop to generate random
values for a color_map. It was working well. Then I took my texture
definition out of the object and "#declare" it to reuse it. It was not
working anymore (parsing error on the first '#' symbol).
I think (didn't tried it yet) that I will have to put my texture in a
macro in order to use it with the loop in it. Am I right ?
When does the interpretation of the texture definition takes place ?
When parsing the #declare ? Or each time it is included in an object ?

      thanks for the details.

                   David Gemelli.