POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mega-Pov or V3.5? : Mega-Pov or V3.5? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Mega-Pov or V3.5?
From: Tom A
Date: 28 Jan 2002 16:06:50
Message: <3C55BD69.B739D57@my-deja.com>
I've been using the official release of POV, partially because I felt it
was more stable, and partially because I don't have a connection to the
net from home - if I download a new copy, I then split it to x number of
floppies, and sneakernet it to my home machine.

But I keep hearing about things that can be done in Mega-Pov that can't
be done in the official version.

So, the question is - how many people use it?  Do you use both? Or
gravitate towards one or the other?  Are the extensions in Mega-Pov used
often?

I'm trying to decide if I should go with Mega-Pov or just wait for the
official V3.5?

Thanks!
--
Tom A.
"No doubt many that post deserve to be flamed.  And many that are flamed