POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Heightfield bug (most probably an inverted normals problem) : Re: A possible solution, though difficult (Was: More info) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:43:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A possible solution, though difficult (Was: More info)
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 23 Jan 2002 10:03:36
Message: <3C4ED0D6.4084AD3C@atosorigin.com>
Warp wrote:

>   However, there's one big problem here: As far as I can see, the normal
> calculation function has no access to the incoming ray.
>   Any ideas?

Two...:
 -(bad) Put the incoming ray in a global... not on the head, not on the head

 - Add a ray parameter to all the involved functions going from the function
   where it is needed upto the function it is already available.
   But you might end up with having to update all the objects (at least,
   the prototype of the functions). And stack size is not infinite...
    (ok, it can be just a pointer to the ray structure, that's not that big).

--
Non Sine Numine
http://grimbert.cjb.net/