POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My ideas : Re: My ideas Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My ideas
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Jan 2002 11:41:38
Message: <3C4D963B.5BFE3935@gmx.de>
Ken wrote:

> This is not all together true. As has been pointed out (more than once
> I believe) the POV-Team is in the process of organizing and writing an
> officially sponsored book on the same basic subject matter. The proceeds
> of the sales of this book will help offset the costs of running this news
> server, the povray.org website, and the IRTC competition, all of which
> are bandwidth intensive and expensive to operate. In fact there is some
> fear that your current project may actually hurt their efforts and your
> timing is at best poor.

There has been only very few information about this book project so far,
what's written on the survey page sounds interesting, but some more
information about the style of the book and when it's planned to be
published would be great.

I think it is important that the content of an 'official' Povray book does
not overlap with the Povray documentation too much, maybe it would be a
good idea to offer a bundle of the book and a printed version of the
documentation.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>