POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My ideas : Re: My ideas Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My ideas
From: Ken
Date: 21 Jan 2002 22:16:54
Message: <3C4CD9F6.D33003A6@pacbell.net>
Mitchell Waite wrote:

> My only competition at this time is my own book which is out of print.

This is not all together true. As has been pointed out (more than once
I believe) the POV-Team is in the process of organizing and writing an
officially sponsored book on the same basic subject matter. The proceeds
of the sales of this book will help offset the costs of running this news
server, the povray.org website, and the IRTC competition, all of which
are bandwidth intensive and expensive to operate. In fact there is some
fear that your current project may actually hurt their efforts and your
timing is at best poor.

--
Ken Tyler