POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers : Re: New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers
From: Tom A
Date: 21 Jan 2002 12:46:49
Message: <3C4C5409.EA8937D6@my-deja.com>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:
> Mitchell Waite wrote:
> > I have been considering using Moray as the tool for modeling since it
> allows
> > on to focus on the scene rather than the statements. The idea would be to
> > teach the statements but at each statement show how to do the same thing
> in
> > Moray. I would like to hear opinions on this idea. I have been told the
> most
> > people DO NOT use modeling tools and that mixing up pure pov ray
> statements
> > and a modeling program would be useless for many users. I was thinking the
> > Moray parts would be in gray boxes inside the pages so they could be
> > ignored, but that may still turn some people off. Comments?
>
> personnally think the pov script itself is the biggest turn off for pov
> newbies, it also has to be noted that pov script while being very suitable
> for some projects it totally unsuited to others.

If it weren't for Moray, I would have given up on POV.

However, as the complexity of my objects increased, the display (at that
time) got more and more cluttered, to the point where it became
unusable.  But by that time, I had learned enough about POV (and seen
enough examples of how Moray generated my scenes) to be able to give up
Moray, for the most part.

--
Tom A.
"No doubt many that post deserve to be flamed.  And many that are flamed