POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers : Re: New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:39:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Book on POV Ray Question about Use of Modelers
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Jan 2002 13:02:31
Message: <3C486328.309A4C9C@gmx.de>
Mitchell Waite wrote:

> I have been considering using Moray as the tool for modeling since it allows
> on to focus on the scene rather than the statements. The idea would be to
> teach the statements but at each statement show how to do the same thing in
> Moray. I would like to hear opinions on this idea. I have been told the most
> people DO NOT use modeling tools and that mixing up pure pov ray statements
> and a modeling program would be useless for many users. I was thinking the
> Moray parts would be in gray boxes inside the pages so they could be
> ignored, but that may still turn some people off. Comments?

I think this combination is not a good idea, if someone wants a book on
Povray, he won't like to get one where half the content is only relevant
for those using Moray.  On the other hand a hardcore Moray user would not
be interested in those features of Povray that are not supported by Moray.

Furthermore the structure of a book about Moray would should be quite
different from one about Povray. And of course there are also other
modelers...

So maybe it would be good to add some introductory chapters for different
modelers to a book about Povray, but mixing it into the main stuff would
be quite problematic.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>