POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL walking, stopping and turning - Final : Re: AL walking, stopping and turning - Final Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL walking, stopping and turning - Final
From: John VanSickle
Date: 3 Jan 2002 12:24:33
Message: <3C3494D4.262F30E8@hotmail.com>
Rune wrote:

> "John VanSickle" wrote:
> > Very good.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Don't use checker as the pigment for your plane, at
> > least not in the final rendering.  My first IRTC
> > entry was much smaller (and looked less like a newby
> > effort) when I replaced the checker pattern with a
> > granite pattern.

(I'd like to mention here that I did use a checker pattern for
my entry-winth-an-entry in the Robots round, but that was a
deliberate effort at being lame.)

> Thanks for the tip! I presume it's the checker pattern seen at a
> distance that's the problem? If so I've already updated the animation
> with a workaround for that.

If the anti-aliasing is good, the distance is usually a mix of the two
colors, and isn't really a problem.

The problem with checkered patterns in MPG files is the sharp edges
between the squares in the foreground.  Either you get a lot of
artifacts or you have a huge file.

Regards,
John
--