POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Heat Shimmer / exhaust : Re: Heat Shimmer / exhaust Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:05:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heat Shimmer / exhaust
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 31 Dec 2001 22:06:06
Message: <3C31275A.4821CCEC@gmx.de>
Problems you'll most probably encounter is that you will later be
able to make out the shape of the IOR-Object due to the
distortion it produces. I don't know though if disc, facing the
camera with a bumpmap which is even to the edges, could
be a solution, perhaps I'll have a look at that.

Easiest would probably be something like using something like
Paint Shop Pro or such to manually distorte...

Tim