POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! : Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you !
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 18 Dec 2001 17:29:42
Message: <3C1FC3C8.6020401@skynet.be>
Warp wrote:

> Fabien Mosen <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote:
> : AFAICT (also based on quick tests I asked to their users), commercial
> : radiance packages *doesn't* take that in account.
>
>   But is it intentional or because the algorithm it uses does not support it?

In case of radiosity-finite-elements-... (as in LightScape), these are
limitations of the algorithm.  As you can see, this doesn't prevent a
very good light simulation.

In case of monte-carlo/photons/...  algorithms (as in MRay, Brazil,..),
it must be (well, I'm not 100% sure, but close) intentional, since it
causes a great speedup.  Definitely worth a try.

Fabien.