POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB) : Re: artifacts & save/load radiosity (65KB) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:03:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artifacts & save/load radiosity (65KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Dec 2001 11:51:24
Message: <3C1F740B.D22AEE80@gmx.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> >   I will trace the real scene with more resolution this night (with the
> > saved radiosity data), to see if it really lacks precision.
>
>   That's a test render of the real scene, with the reflective textures  and
> glass. It uses the radiosity saved on the first render posted (that with
> the artifacts). I think the artifacts disapear by using pretrace start and
> end set to 1.

I think it looks good, NTL it will be interesting to see it with more
precise radiosity data.  The reflective textures with normal look somewhat
strange, maybe try the layered textures blurred reflection method.

>   About the scene itself, I've still to work a lot more...

I think there is already quite a lot of detail, the plants and other
decoration look really nice, only the wireless phones, monitors etc. are
somewhat remarkable. ;-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>