POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! : Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you !
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 18 Dec 2001 10:56:04
Message: <3C1F6730.8642D4E1@engineer.com>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> How much memory is required, BTW ? Is it possible to render it in chunks, as
> this can reduce greatly the necessary memory ?

This one used 150MB peak and sysmon reported 500kB free ram at the
end of the render. Took 12 hours.

I'm trying it now at full res, without pretrace, saving rad data
and with normal on. If it starts to swap I assume I can just
stop and start a new partial trace. I changed nearest count from
6 to 12 to see if the noise smooths out.

  radiosity{
    save_file "sibenik3.rad"
    pretrace_start 1
    pretrace_end 1