POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB) : Re: artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB) Server Time
16 Apr 2024 16:32:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Dec 2001 03:54:06
Message: <3C1F042D.4C280D15@gmx.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   :) ...that's the dummy scene! Both images are rendered from the real
> scene, but with all textures changed to simple pigments and removing all
> glass. The real one it's just the same but with realistic textures and the
> glass sheets. Indeed, the scene is no yet finished, I must add still more
> objects and replace some placeholders. It started as a test for my light
> macro, but I can't do test scenes... something always urges me to finish
> them.

So you did not change the scene geometry for these renders at all, seems i
got this wrong.

When you use 'always_sample off' it's usually important to use a low
pretrace_end and it can even be a good idea to do the radiosity-render at
higher resolution.  Otherwise the radiosity data would possibly not
correspond to the settings used.  In a convential radiosity render this is
not that important because samples are still taken during the final trace.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>