POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB) : Re: artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB) Server Time
29 Mar 2024 04:47:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artifacts & save/load radiosity (64KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Dec 2001 17:08:48
Message: <3C1E6CE6.E1273A1B@gmx.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> Hi all:
>
>   I must admit this is the first time I've tried this wonderful trick of
> saving radiosity with a "dummy" scene. It works pretty well. So well that
> it even gets ride of the radiosity artifacts on my poor settings! I'm the
> only who experienced this?

I have not much tried this method yet, it seems that the results are less
'precise' (or 'realistic') but look fairly good.  And if i understand it
right you can do any 'in between' version when you increase the complexity
of the dummy scene.

Could you show the geometry of your dummy scene?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>