POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! : Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you !
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 15 Dec 2001 14:29:05
Message: <3C1BA49A.F474AE44@engineer.com>
Here is my 1st try with the simulation just to see if
it would benefit from tonal range modification. Maybe
later.

The white sources were replaced by realistic colors and
intensities for sun and sky. I used diffuse 0.6 for the
linearised sandstone texture maps and diffuse 0.8 for the
floor. Other textures were diffuse 0.6. I assumed the maps
to be sRGB.

http://www.pp.htv.fi/kkivisal/church1.jpg

Took 25 minutes on 1GHz AMD without the glass objects.

global_settings{
  assumed_gamma 1.0
  radiosity{
    pretrace_start 0.04