POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! : Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:12:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you !
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Dec 2001 13:59:44
Message: <3C18FA95.8DBDC450@gmx.de>
Warp wrote:

>   Why not? The rendering time of meshes is quite independent of the number
> of triangles in it (yes, there *is* a dependency, but the rendering time of
> a mesh grows *very slowly* in relation to the number of triangles; you can
> double the number of triangles without the rendering speed slowing down almost
> at all).

But don't forget that the mesh has to be generated somehow, this can be
very slow too.  I have actually never seen a complex scene filling
geometry like this modelled with with a mesh with sufficient accuracy.

> : One thing about your render: I think the red carpet should be removed, it
> : makes the whole front part look very red.
>
>   There is a red carpet in the other images. I think it's part of the original
> model, but 3Dwin4 didn't export the color correctly (or alternatively there
> was no color information in the 3ds file). I had to set the red color myself
> for that (perhaps it's too red, but it's too late to change that).

I suppose it is a much darker red in most other pictures, at least none
has this strong color bleed.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>