POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! : Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you !
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Dec 2001 12:05:48
Message: <3C18DFE6.A2803EC8@gmx.de>
Warp wrote:

>   Well, speedwise I think that meshes and imagemaps are quite ok. If that
> same scene would have made with primitives and procedural textures, the render
> time could perfectly be several hours...

Hours? Everything below one day is not even worth the work... ;-)

Seriously, i think a mesh that's accurate enough for a realistic render
would not be that fast either. Just have a look at the reference
photographs...

One thing about your render: I think the red carpet should be removed, it
makes the whole front part look very red.

>   3DWin4 did a damn good job at converting the 3ds file given in the page
> to mesh2's (with the original uv-information, of course; without that it would
> have been impossible to render the scene).
>   As the 3ds file didn't have the actual imagemaps, I had to search and
> set the proper images in proper places, but that wasn't too difficult.

How about bump mapping of the brick structures like in some of the other
renders?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>