POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! : Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity champions, here's something for you !
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Dec 2001 09:41:57
Message: <3C18BE35.D0069D77@gmx.de>
Warp wrote:

>   Please tell me how to enhance contrast in the image. I tried. I failed.

Most important would be to decrease 'error_bound' in the radiosity
settings, of course you will have to raise 'count' to avoid artefacts and
everything will get much slower.  Another thing that might help is to
reduce recursion_limit to 2, this can lead to better contrasts too.

As a side note, i think this kind of scene is not particularly well suited
for POV-Ray, With procedural textures and CSG instead of meshes the
appearance could be much improved and would suffer less at higher
resolutions (in some of the other renders the mesh facets are really
strongly visible).

How did you convert it BTW?

Christoph

--