POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-City : Re: POV-City Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-City
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 11 Dec 2001 14:07:57
Message: <3C1659A9.D1C0C9FF@unforgettable.com>
s1631001 wrote:

> While we're on the subject of time... should the website:
> a:  display an image of PVC-II at the current time in the user's time
> zone
> b:  display an image of PVC-II at the current GMT time
> c:  display several images, at different times of day
> d:  display a daytime image with the option to switch to other times
> e:  [your suggestion here]

I like option A, but there should still be an option to see other times
of day, so that someone could see (for instance) what the place looks
like at 4 AM.

Speaking of which, I'm curious: first, how will you be handling
rendering the city (will you have a scripted backend that renders on
demand, or do occasional rerenders for different times by hand as
necessary, or some other means)? Second, how are you handling weather
effects? Do you have some system for generating skies and such?
Moon/stars? Any thoughts on physical realism? (Simulating a realistic
sky might be too hard and/or demanding on the system - I know *I've* had
limited success - but reproducing natural cycles should be easier.) Or
are you looking for someone to handle all of this?

-Xplo