POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-City : Re: POV-City Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-City
From: s1631001
Date: 11 Dec 2001 06:55:00
Message: <3C15F2BB.55D7CA71@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
Matt Walton wrote:

> If I were to make an aerial vehicle:
> a) would you have any objections to the appearance of a 25-metre flying
> saucer (otherwise I'll just have to model one without any excuse for
> doing it)
The only things not allowed are those which cause serious offence (I'm
sure you can think of an example relating to air traffic...); I can't
see a flying saucer falling into that category :-]

> b) how would I go about submitting it, as it clearly doesn't require a plot
Just mail me the model; note that vehicles don't need to be normalised
to a box like structures do.

> Even a park-like plot filled with odd sculptures?
Yep; anything goes. (see above)

> Yes, this does look very interesting. Are there any restrictions on what
> version of POV-Ray can be used? I'm using 3.5b8 at the moment and have a
> tendency to use the new features without really thinking about them too
> much.
I'm using MegaPOV 0.7 until a stable release of POV3.5 comes out, then
I'll be switching to that.

> Also, will the PVC_GroundTex texture be available at some point so we
> can see how it looks?
PVC_GroundTex will probably be some sort of granite ForestGreen thingy
(unless anyone has better - no isotextures please!) for most of the
year, but a nice white colour in winter (see the section on macros in
http://www.geocities.com/greyknight3/pov_city.htm for more details on
time in PVC-II)

While we're on the subject of time... should the website:
a:  display an image of PVC-II at the current time in the user's time
zone
b:  display an image of PVC-II at the current GMT time
c:  display several images, at different times of day
d:  display a daytime image with the option to switch to other times
e:  [your suggestion here]

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight"