POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Particle / Physics system preprocessor requirements : Re: Particle / Physics system preprocessor requirements Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle / Physics system preprocessor requirements
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 Dec 2001 06:41:29
Message: <3C15F086.F166E187@gmx.de>
I think the idea is great, as long as you actually make it possible
to:
1. not leave POV-Ray during setup
2. the programm works on several platforms

Making it open-source kind a thing would also be neat, as some
guys might come up with quicker and better solutions (that just
happens all over the place).

But, thinking about dynamics, I'd guess you'd have a hard time memorising
all objects in scene. So, you'd probably have to put at least some option
to tell which objects to memorise and which not.

Aside of that, I guess you're probably in a fair amount of trouble, as physics
is sometimes more mind-boggling than you normally expect. ;)

Tim