POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-City : Re: POV-City Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-City
From: Matt Walton
Date: 10 Dec 2001 11:12:39
Message: <3C14DEFA.2060302@alledora.co.uk>
> VEHICLES
> ========
> As mentioned, the Council will accept any submissions for road vehicles;
> we will also take off-roaders, but these may be moved around
> periodically to accomodate new plots (the Council has the right to
> move/add/delete anything on Free Land, which is its own playground.) We
> will also take aerial vehicles, but no aquatic vehicles will be possible
> until someone builds a lake/river; if anyone wants to use a plot(s) to
> make something like this, feel free. You can then manage it yourself or
> transfer ownership to the Council as you see fit

If I were to make an aerial vehicle:
a) would you have any objections to the appearance of a 25-metre flying
saucer (otherwise I'll just have to model one without any excuse for
doing it)
b) how would I go about submitting it, as it clearly doesn't require a plot

> STRUCTURES
> ==========
> Commercial (eg. shops) and industrial (eg. factories) structures can be
> built on your plots; the PVC-II rules do *NOT* require that you build a
> residential home. In fact, anything you know how to model, you may do
> so.

Even a park-like plot filled with odd sculptures?

* formulates plan *

Yes, this does look very interesting. Are there any restrictions on what
version of POV-Ray can be used? I'm using 3.5b8 at the moment and have a
tendency to use the new features without really thinking about them too
much.

Also, will the PVC_GroundTex texture be available at some point so we
can see how it looks?

Matt